Before my boys…
- I’d never watched an entire Star Wars movie
- I couldn’t pronounce the names of most dinosaurs, much less identify them
- I’d never wielded a power tool
- I had no idea that the 1927 Yankees were the best baseball team ever
- I’d never participated in a lightsaber duel
- I didn’t know what a blog was
- I’d never read a book about Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig or Mickey Mantle
- I never fully realized how dirty white socks can get
- I’d never seen a case of poison ivy, first-hand
- I knew nothing about the brain-based differences between males and females
- I didn’t own any legos
- I’d never published a single article
- I didn’t know that “buddy” was slang for “cup“
- I didn’t spend nearly enough time in the woods
How ’bout you? Help me add to my list!
The following two tabs change content below.
Jennifer L.W. Fink is the founder of BuildingBoys.net, a mother of four boys and an award-winning writer. Her work has been published by The Washington Post, Parents, FOX news, Parade and Boys' Life -- & she still spends a significant portion of every day trying to get her boys to put cups in the dishwasher.
Latest posts by Jennifer L. W. Fink (see all)
- How Parenting Teenage Boys Prepared Me for a Pandemic - May 24, 2020
- Overwhelmed by Homeschooling? I Was Too. - April 11, 2020
- Talking About Coronavirus - April 2, 2020