How do you build boys?
As you know, there’s no one right way to build boys. That’s why we’re asking you, the true experts — the parents, educators, mentors and activists — to tell us how you build boys. In fact, we’d like you to show us.
BuildingBoys is hosting its first ever video contest during its first ever #12daysofBuildingBoys. Why? We want to draw attention to the issues faced by boys. We want to share solutions. And we want to give some great gifts to BuildingBoys’ followers!
Here’s how you can be part of the fun:
1. Make a video telling us/showing us how you build boys or what you’ve learned about building boys. Need some inspiration? Check out my video, 15 Things Parents & Educators Need to Know About Boys. Keep your videos to 5 minutes or less. When they’re done, email your completed videos to email@example.com. The deadline for video submission is December 13, 2014.
2. Follow BuildingBoys on Twitter and Facebook, and watch for the #12daysofBuildingBoys hashtag. Starting December 4, we’ll hold a mini-contest each day for 12 (week) days. One gift will be given away per day!
3. Spread the word! The more videos entered, the more we all learn. We hope to create a collection of videos that will help other parents, educators and community members better meet the needs of boys.
4. Vote. We’ll be posting the videos on YouTube and BuildingBoys on Dec. 15. Vote for your favorite and encourage your friends to do the same. Voting will run through Dec. 17, and the crowd favorite will become our grand prize-winning video. The grand prize will be announced on Dec. 19.
The creator of the grand prize video will win this limited edition “Boy Mom” necklace by Lisa Leonard Designs.
The creator of a second winning video — a video I deem worthy of recognition — will receive a BuildingBoys t-shirt. (Want to see a pic? Scroll to the bottom of our Store page.)
Other #12daysofBuildingBoys prizes include:
- Books about boys (titles include The Purpose of Boys and Get the Behavior You Want…Without Being the Parent You Hate)
- BuildingBoys posters
- Shower/hair care gift sets for boys
Due to the exorbitantly expensive cost of international shipping, this contest is restricted to residents of the United States. (However, anyone from anywhere may submit a video; you’re just ineligible to win a physical prize if you live outside of the U.S. We’re happy to include international submissions on our site and YouTube channel.)
If you submit a video, you are also agreeing to allow BuildingBoys to post the video on YouTube, BuildingBoys.net, Facebook, Twitter and other websites. BuildingBoys retains the right to refuse entry to any video deemed inappropriate.
Winners of the #12daysofBuildingBoys mini contests will be selected at random.
Questions? Ask below. We look forward to seeing your videos!